Monday, July 6, 2009

Plein Aire Class


Butler's Field
8 x 10
Oil
Haven't posted any paintings since I started taking a plein aire class a few weeks ago. Painting outside is a new experience for me as well as painting landscapes. The class is fun and I'm learning quite a bit. But as you can tell I have a long way to go before I can call my trees beautiful. This field is a local orchard where you can pick your own fruit; blueberries, strawberries, and pumpkins in the fall. The early morning sun was low in the sky hence the long shadows. It was a beautiful sight. Not to mention the sounds of birds and kids laughing as they picked blueberries. I didn't realize plein aire was also communing with nature. It gives you a whole new perspective on life. I will post more of my sketches this week. After a few days of just painting scenery I decided to add a building or machinery to make it more of a still life. I decided I much prefer to do that so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment